Tell us about the work you are doing to create a wilder world.
This event is designed to re-imagine the conservation movement. We are trying to bring together around 750 young people together. The event mission is: Joined by a passion for the Colorado Plateau – its diverse communities, changing landscapes, distinct wildness, and enduring elements – we, as youth seek to inspire and empower young people to conscientiously and compassionately engage the challenges that threaten the place we love the Colorado Plateau.
What are five (5) of your short term goals to accomplish in the next 1-2 years?
1. Bring together a large group of people to catalyze a movement designed to address many of the conservation issues of the Colorado Plateau
2. Give young people the toots to engage in these conservation issues
3. Build a network of young inspired people who want to take part in a new vision of conservation
4. Have a meaningful action event happen at the time of the event
5. Draw connections between the Social Justice and Environmental Justice movements
What are five (5) of your long term goals to accomplish in the next 5-10 years?
1. Maintain the energy created by this event
2, Try and address some of the conservation issues on the plateau (the Escalade project, Tusayan water development, oil development in Utah etc.)
3. Re-energize the conservation movement
4. Spread the message of empowering young leaders in the conservation movement
5. Work towards a wilder world
We also could use passionate young people from around the Colorado Plateau or people who care about the Colorado Plateau to present at our gathering. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can the public get involved with your project/work?
Registration opens early in 2015, we are hoping to bring around 750 people together, the event is open to the public.
What have been some successes you have had?
The major success we have had is we have a vision, and we are inspired passionate young people committed to a cause, and willing to work to make it happen.
What are some lessons you have learned/what would you have done differently?
We are in the initial phase of this event, there is always things that could go better however, at this point we are still in the initial phases.
Have there been any major (or minor) milestones in your work?
The trust brought 10 people together as a leadership team to dream up this event, that meeting where we discussed our visions for the future of the plateau and how we are going to help shape that future. This event is the outcome.
Any words of advice or wisdom? Anything else you want to tell the world?
This event is not to be missed come and get inspired