Tell us about the work you are doing to create a wilder world.
Perú is one of the countries with the most flora and fauna diversity in the world, but it is being destroyed. We believe that for Peruvians to start taking care of our species, we first need to bond with them and to do that we need to know that the species are there, all around us, even in the cities.
There are many groups in Lima working to make this happen but the public needs a free educational materials and a free website about our species. With the help of voluntary biologist, Flora y Fauna Perú is building that website that will share knowledge and information. While we wait for the website to be ready, we will use Instagram and Facebook to share current information and the efforts of other groups that share the same cause. Through our Fan page you can find free activities and download our educational materials.
What are five (5) of your short term goals to accomplish in the next 1-2 years?
1. To rebuild our website. We are currently changing it from Joomla to WordPress so more people can manage it and input information about Peruvian species.
2. To upload the information of the 30 most important species from Lima.
3. To release 5 new ID sheets.
4. To sell souvenirs in art shops to maintain the expenses of our website.
5. To increase our followers in Facebook to 10000
What are five (5) of your long term goals to accomplish in the next 5-10 years?
1. To have developed the first website of Peruvian flora and fauna species.
2. To have a sustainable project.
3. To develop a bigger team.
4. To help and encourage other people to form their own green project.
5. To change the perception of our national natural richness.
How can others help you accomplish these goals?
Biologists: Uploading their investigations to or website.
Photographers: Allowing us to use their pictures.
Public in general: Following us and sharing our initiative
How can the public get involved with your project/work?
They can share their own pictures of nature for us to post it on our social network.
They can download our free material for themselves or to use it in a free educational activity.
They can share their own projects with us so we can connect them with other people that could help them make bigger activities.
Perú is one of the countries with the most flora and fauna diversity in the world, but it is being destroyed.
There are more people wanting to make a change that one would believe. We just need to meet each other and work together.
Don´t let anything stop you! Today´s technology can make your voice be heard beyond you can imagine. You don´t need to wait for others to start making the change you want to see in the world! You have no idea what amazing things you can do with a good idea and a group of friends.