1. Tell us about the work you are doing to create a wilder world.
I am currently a MSc Environmental Biology student in Finland, learning about the European environment and see from different perspective of the world. I continue searching for experience and knowledge in the environment where I want to thrive and help the planet a better place to live.
What are some of your short term goals to accomplish in the next 1-2 years?
1. Reach out to the world, especially high school and undergraduate students, to establish NPO in environment
2. Focus on not just wildlife conservation, but also the conservation of anthporogenics – i.e. language, tribes
3. Continue seeking opportunities in environment and gain knowledge
4. Gain all kinds of experience, not just in the environment, that can be hopefully be intertwined with initial goals (i.e. Computer knowledge + Environmental Initiatives)
What are some of your long term goals to accomplish in the next 5-10 years?
1. Gain as many nationalities as possible from the globe to gain knowledge, to make sure that there are no stereotypes
2. Work at an organization that is responsibly caring for wildlife and any other environment
3. Travel to as many places as possible to get the idea of the situation in each place to understand environmental issues
4. Connect with global students and beyond for the self-NPO and successfully raise awareness
5. Fundraise and donate to responsible organizations
How can others help you accomplish these goals?
I would like to reach out globally with people in my network, and also with those from the business world where I can gain insights into improving my leadership and networking skills which I hope can help me to grow and allow more projects.
What have been some successes you have had?
1. Established Wildlife Conservation Club at university
2. Volunteered as much as possible – marine education, park visitor surveyor
3. Worked as an intern (Co-op) at government organization, related to drinking water quality management
4. Attained Top 25 Under 25 Environmentalist Award (The Starfish), 24 Hours Top 24 Award (24 Hours newspaper)
5. Wrote education experience for TalentEgg
6. Talked at Symposium of Environmental Science Student Union at university
Have there been any major (or minor) milestones in your work?
I have gotten into Master’s Degree 2 years after graduating from undergraduate, which was always been my dream.
The Wildlife Conservation Club that I have founded back in 2012 during my time in undergraduate school is still on-going and it has new executive members who continue to thrive in their leaderships and keep the club engaging with the students and local organizations.
I have recently worked remotely with the key global NGOs (IUCN, Ramsar Network both in Japan) and Ministry of Environment of Japan through IUCN to help with proofreading and summarization of documents.
Never give up. Always think wide and be open minded.
Let's share stories and learn from each other.