JACIGREEN ⋅ Niger
JACIGREEN uses a plant-based mechanism to purify water and a system to produce organic fertilizer and produce electricity for rural communities in West Africa
Mariama wants to address the energy deficit in Africa and the devastating degradation of cropland caused by chemical fertilizers. Her project, “JACIGREEN”, offers an innovative eco-solution to the problem of water hyacinth, which, without controlled management, can be devastating for the environment. This invasive alien species grows very rapidly in the waterways of the Niger River. Although not inherently harmful, initially purifying the waterway in which it grows, water hyacinth becomes a problem once it reaches a certain maturity by suffocating aquatic life. JACIGREEN will introduce a plant-based purification mechanism to help manage fresh water sustainably and improve access to drinking water. It will simultaneously implement a system to produce organic fertilizer (via anaerobic composting) and electricity (from biogas recovered from the water hyacinth transformation process).
Our main goal is to set up several biomethanation platforms to produce organic fertilizer and electricity from biogas.
Specifically, we want to bring Social and Environmental Impact in our countries by:
- Developing Rural community’s
- Protecting population from threat caused by hyacinth water
- Protecting farmer from chemical fertilizer damage
- Providing renewable energy to population and reduce GES
- Protecting environment and its biodiversity
- Connecting us to organizations which can help us to test our household prototype in rural areas
- Testing our business model including Marketing Social aspects
- Participating in our crowdfunding effort very soon