Nativus ⋅ Ecuador
Nativus seeks to reintroduce native plants into the city to increase biodiversity, generate conservation and improve resilience. We work developing research on green infrastructure, where green roofs have been our main focus.
- Generate native plant availability in the local market.
- Increase green spaces with native plants in the urban landscape, attracting native fauna back in the city.
- Create a reconnection between nature and citizens.
- Generate a new trend of landscaping in Quito and other cities, generating a local identity with native plants.
As an emerging start-up in the city we seek funding for accelerate the research process and start plant production and implementation.
- Young Champions of the World award 2017– UN Environment
- Reto de Emprendimiento Urbano (Quito) – IMPAQTO
- Women4Climate mentoring program – Secretaría de Ambiente Quito / C40 cities