Spend More Time In The WILD ⋅ United Kingdom
Inspiring and empowering my audience to ‘Spend More Time In The WILD’ for the benefit of improving mental and physical health and wellbeing.
A couple of years ago I upped my game when it came to producing adventure videos on YouTube and I now produce videos every Monday – whether it’s exploring a day walk, sharing backpacking tips, or the release of a feature-length documentary film following a major expedition.
The importance of getting outside for the benefit of mental and physical wellbeing is being discussed more and more as obesity rates maintain record highs and mental health issues affect over 1-4 individuals. A couple of years ago I upped my game when it came to producing adventure videos on YouTube and I now produce videos every Monday – whether it’s exploring a day walk, sharing backpacking tips, or the release of a feature-length documentary film following a major expedition. As a passionate long-distance hiker I have made it my mission to document through film how I overcomes my own personal struggles with mental health by challenging myself to move outside of my comfort zone, and in doing so, hope to encourage others to join me to facing up to their fears and grow to be the best versions of themselves.
Alongside video production I also run group walks around the UK as an opportunity for people to don their boots and explore some of the most scenically spectacular areas in the country in a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Grow my YouTube subscription base in order to reach even more people around the world
- Edit the films I have shot in 2018!
- Plan documentaries to be shot in 2019
- Develop a plan for the group walks in order to make them more accessible for a more diverse group of people
- Offer organic and environmentally considerate products
- Wild Film Fest’ – adventure film winner, 2018
- Speaker at the Wildscreen Film Festival, 2016
- Environmental Steward for the IUCN World Conservation Congress, 2016
- Open University and BBC ‘Earth In Vision’ project, 2016
- Top producer credits from UN Web TV, 2016
- Presenter for the United Nations World Ocean and Environment Day 2015
- Former Associate of the Linnean Society of London, 2015
- Received one of six places for the ‘Wildscreen Roar Talent Bursary’, 2014
- Shortlisted for ‘The Network’, 2014
- ‘Action for Nature EcoHeros Award’ 2013
- ‘Save Our Oceans, Recycle Your Plastic’ – shortlisted for the Innsbruck Film Festival, 2013
- ‘Save Our Oceans, Recycle Your Plastic’ – winner of the EcoTales Film Festival, 2013
- ‘Young Darwin Scholarship’ with the Field Studies Council 2012
- ‘Palm Oil’ – winner of the Young People’s Trust For The Environment Film Competition, 2012