2018 EXCELerator COHORT
“When I first started out, I had a feeling that I was venturing into a world unknown. I had an idea but was not sure how to get it started.
Thanks to CoalitionWILD I’m now better informed, have a belonging, and with a myriad of resources I need to properly implement my project. I can confidently say that with the aid of CoalitionWILD, my project is now on course, impacting the community one step at a time.”
about the program
The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator is a rigorous 9-month leadership development program. Each participant is accepted based on their individually proposed idea of an environmental project they want to implement that will tackle an issue facing an ecosystem, their community, their culture, or their livelihood.
Over 9-months, CoalitionWILD equips EXCELerator participants with the tools, support, and confidence needed to implement that idea. Participants walk away with:
• A fully implemented project
• A strategic plan for project design and implementation
• An elevator pitch
• Experience in communicating their project via a blog/press release, in an interview, to a camera, in social media, and via photos/videography
• A budget and fundraising plan
• An outline on how to grow or continue their project
• Access to information on management and analyzation techniques
• The reference from and backing of a credible global organization
• Connection to an experienced mentor
• Access to a global network, including first knowledge of opportunities to speak, present, attend global conferences, apply for fellowships or funding, or be highlighted in international publications
• The confidence to be a leader for their communities and for the planet
The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator Program works because we don’t tell our participants the projects they should implement, what they should be passionate about, or how they can help.
We offer the space for young people to discover their own solutions, thereby ensuring
- Commitment to their work
- Innovation in their ideas
- Creativity in the implementation, and
- Passion in their delivery