2018 EXCELerator COHORT
“When I first started out, I had a feeling that I was venturing into a world unknown. I had an idea but was not sure how to get it started.
Thanks to CoalitionWILD I’m now better informed, have a belonging, and with a myriad of resources I need to properly implement my project.
I can confidently say that with the aid of CoalitionWILD, my project is now on course, impacting the community one step at a time.”
about the program
The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator is a rigorous 9-month leadership development program. Each participant is accepted based on their individually proposed idea of an environmental project they want to implement that will tackle an issue facing an ecosystem, their community, their culture, or their livelihood.
Over 9-months, CoalitionWILD equips EXCELerator participants with the tools, support, and confidence needed to implement that idea. In doing that, we focus on the 3 Ps: Project Development, Personal Growth, and Professional Network.
Project Development will help you to further structure your module in terms of devising a work plan, time schedule, budget plan etc., which form the basis for a successful implementation. It will also allow you to anticipate potential challenges to the project and to draft preliminary responses and/or scenarios A, B, and C.
Personal Growth focuses on the improvement of your knowledge and skills in communication, fundraising, management techniques and methodologies, by giving you access to our resources and offering webinars with expert guest speakers, which will allow you to become more confident, not just to present your project, but as a leader in general.
The Professional Network is all about giving you a platform for exchanging your ideas, projects, challenges etc. with like-minded people and to benefit from the experience of professionals who signed up to offer mentorship to you. You may gather first experience in speaking and presenting at conferences or even be featured in international publications.
Below you find a summary of the 3Ps and the activities that the EXCELerator program offers to its participants:
- Draft a Work Plan and Timeline for project implementation
- Devise a Budget and Fundraising Plan
- Craft a Contingency Plan, anticipating potential risks and identifying solutions
- Make an assessment of Next Steps to continue/and or grow your project
- Develop an Elevator Pitch, to convince others of the value of your project in a concise and brief manner
- Benefit from access to resources and methods, such as management and analytical techniques
- Gain more experience in communicating your project via a blog/press release, in interviews, to a camera, in social media, and via photos/ videos
- Increase your fund-raising skills and techniques and gain access to funding opportunities
- Become more confident as a leader for your communities and for the planet
- Gain access to a global network, including opportunities to speak, present, attend global conferences, apply for fellowships or funding, or be highlighted in international publications
- Get connected to an experienced mentor matched to your field of work, who will support you with advice throughout the program
- Boost your credentials through a reference from and the backing of a credible global organization
These activities show what CoalitionWILD offers, but ultimately it depends on YOU in what way you would like to benefit from the EXCELerator program. We offer you the space to discover your own solutions, thereby ensuring that you are driven by
Innovation in your ideas
Commitment to your work
Empathy in engaging with stakeholders
Creativity in the implementation
Passion in your delivery