Help us get to know you better. Follow us and tag #FindYourWILD.
Participants in 2020/2021 EXCELerator Cohort must be 35 years of age or younger on 1 September 2020 and must be able to commit to the following:
- Implementing a project within the 9 month program period.
- Attending and/or listening to the webinars hosted each month.
- Completing 10 out of 16 associated webinar tasks.
- Contributing consistently to the virtual communications groups.
- Answering all e-mails and/or requests from program organisers.
- Uploading photos, videos and updates when requested, and producing one blog entry.
- Being an Ambassador of CoalitionWILD, sharing your experience, and representing CoalitionWILD in your circle of influence.
- That we store submissions in our email system and will contact you.
At this time, the CoalitionWILD EXCELerator is only offered in English, so participants must be able to understand and communicate in English. Please note that we are currently developing a Latin America focused program delivered in Spanish in collaboration with Conservamos por Naturaleza, an initiative of the Peruvian Society for Environmental Law. That program will be available starting in 2021.
Participants must also have access to internet, however all materials and webinars will be recorded and available online at all times. Most importantly, participants in the program must come with a collaborative, positive attitude and a passion for the planet!
Please see below for any further questions.
frequently asked questions
Q: What is the official start date of the 2020/2021 EXCELerator Program?
A: The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator Program will have its first kickoff group call on Thursday, September 10 at 3pm GMT. The program will run through May 31, 2021.
Q: Will there be specific times or dates I need to be available?
A: Webinars will take place on the 2nd and 4th Thursdays of every month, and will always be at 3pm GMT. The remaining curriculum elements and program tasks are expected to be completed on your own time.
Q: What if I can’t make a webinar?
A: All webinars will be recorded and housed online for later viewing. All participants will have access to any past webinar recordings for the duration of the program.
Q: Will I receive a certificate to show my involvement in the program?
A: A Certificate of Completion is awarded to any participant who completes the necessary requirements of the program. These requirements are:
- Complete a predetermined number of webinar tasks.
- Complete project progress reports throughout the Program.
- Produce one blog or media piece.
- Implement your project by the end of the Program.
- Present about your project and experience at the completion of the Program.
Q: What language will the program take place in?
A: The EXCELerator Program will take place in English. Some curriculum materials will be translated into Spanish and French (with the possibility of increasing these translations to other languages if necessary based on the participants accepted into the Program). However, at this time, all webinars will take place in English. We are excited to announce a partnership with Conservamos por Naturaleza, an initiative of the Peruvian Society for Environmental Law, to deliver a sister program for Latin American participants that will be fully delivered in Spanish. This program will be available in 2021 and more information will be forthcoming.
Q: How will the program be delivered?
A: The EXCELerator Program will take place 100% virtually. All participants will be given access to an online platform to access materials, resources, webinars, and to utilize for their active involvement. Program communications often take place via a dedicated, private Facebook group and WhatsApp group.
Q: What are the specific curriculum and elements that are in the program?
A: The CoalitionWILD EXCELerator Program consists of:
- 18 bi-monthly webinars by youth experts on a variety of capacity building topics
- Tasks designed translate education into action
- A peer-mentoring program
- One-on-one support, advice, and guidance
- Curated resources to support participants in their implementation journey
- A free, 1-year subscription to the International Journal of Wilderness
- A platform to network and a community of encouragement
- A Certificate of Completion at the end of the program
Q: What if I don’t have a project idea?
A: Each participant accepted into the program is required to carry out a project during the 9 month period. If you are struggling to decide upon a project you would like to implement, consider a topic you are passionate about, and a challenge or barrier facing that topic. Think about what skills, knowledge, or understandings that you personally have that can positively affect whatever that passion topic is.
Q: What if I don’t complete my project implementation during the program dates?
A: In order to receive a Certificate of Completion, participants must complete their action project within the set dates.
Q: I am over 35 years of age. Can I still apply?
A: Unfortunately, the CoalitionWILD EXCELerator is only open to individuals under the age of 35.
Q: I would like to sponsor an EXCELerator participant. How can I do so?
A: Sponsoring an EXCELerator participant is a great way to ensure the future of our planet is truly in the hands of our youth. Contact Crista at [email protected] to discuss options for your investment!